The Department of Computer science will hold its Spring recognition ceremony for graduating students (BS/MS/PhD) on Friday, April 29th, at 6:30 pm.
You can experience the ceremony in one of three ways:
- Participate in person: Lawrence Hall, room 120.
- Participate remotely: you can do so via Zoom (Pitt authentication will be required) -- we will email the link to those who sign up, and
- View the ceremony from anywhere in the world: we will live-stream the whole event on Youtube (subscribe to our channel).
If you have applied for graduation this term and want to participate, please sign up and consider submitting a video to dedicate your degree and share a fond memory from Pitt CS; we will show these videos at the event.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is this mandatory? No, you can still graduate without attending.
- Isn't the ceremony on Sunday? This ceremony is on Friday and is separate from the School of Computing and Information recognition ceremony, as well as from the University Commencement.
- Attire? Cap & gown are encouraged, but are not required – our Chair promised to wear one and be available for photos.
- Swag? There will be brand new CS Department swag that we will give out to those attending in person.
- Family? Family or friends are welcome! Please make sure to register family and friends as guests ahead of time, so they can enter the building.
- Masks? Masks will be optional for the event, per Pitt's Health Rules.
- When will doors open? Doors will open at 6 pm - the ceremony will start at 6:30 pm
- How long? We are planning for the ceremony to last around one and a half hours.
- Assigned seating? Yes, those graduating should seat in the first rows (look for your name).
- What about Co-ops? We will be distributing certificates and cords for those who completed the Co-op program at the event.
- What to expect at the ceremony? We have our December 2021 recognition ceremony recorded on YouTube. The emphasis is on recognizing our graduating students and celebrating their accomplishments.
- Other questions? Please contact Ms. Heidi Davis.
|Thursday, April 28||Friday, April 29||Saturday, April 30||Sunday, May 1|
School of Computing and Information / Graduate Students
Department of Informatics and Networked Systems / Graduate Students
Department of Informatics and Networked Systems / Undergraduate Students
University Ceremony for 2020 graduates
University Ceremony / Undergraduate Students
Department of Computer Science
Lawrence Hall, room 120
School of Computing and Information / Undergraduate Students
|Department of Computer Science||School of Computing and Information||University of Pittsburgh|
|For undergraduate students||Friday, April 29, at 6:30 pm
Lawrence Hall, room 120
|Sunday, May 1st, at 6:30 pm||Sunday, May 1st, at 2:00 pm|
|For graduate students||Saturday, April 30, at 11:30 am||N/A|
|For August 2019, December 2019, and April 2020 graduates||N/A||N/A||Saturday, April 30, 4:00 p.m.|