To be considered for admission to the CS undergraduate program, students must complete the following CS core courses with a grade of C or better in each course:
- CMPINF 0401 - INTERMEDIATE PROGRAMMING*
- CS 0441 - DISCRETE STRUCTURES FOR CS
- CS 0445 - DATA STRUCTURES
- CS 0447 - COMPUTER ORGANIZATION AND ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE
* Students should have some programming experience (usually acquired in high school) before taking CMPINF 0401. Any high school course that includes the writing of several Python, C++, or Java programs would be sufficient. It is also possible to take one of the department’s service courses, such as CS 0007, as preparation. Preparatory classes of this nature do not count toward the student’s major requirements.