The rumors are true! We will hold our Fall recognition ceremony for graduating students (BS/MS/PhD) on Friday, December 17th, at 4:30 pm.
You can experience the ceremony in one of three ways:
- Participate in person: the event will be in room SENSQ 2400 (2nd-floor auditorium),
- Participate remotely: you can do so via zoom (Pitt authentication will be required) -- we will email the link to those who sign up, and
- View the ceremony from anywhere in the world: we will live-stream the whole event on Youtube (subscribe to our channel).
If you have applied for graduation this term (or graduated in August) and want to participate, please sign up (by Dec 15th) and consider submitting a video to dedicate your degree and share a fond memory from Pitt CS; we will show these videos at the event.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Attire? Cap & gown is encouraged, but is not required – our Chair promised to wear one and be available for photos.
- Swag? There will be brand new CS Department swag that we will give out to those attending in person.
- Family? Family or friends are welcome! Please make sure to register family and friends as guests ahead of time, so they can enter our building.
- Masks? Masks will be required for the event, per Pitt's Health Rules.
- When will doors open? Doors will open at 4 pm - the ceremony will start at 4:30 pm
- How long? We are planning for the ceremony to last less than one hour.
- Assigned seating? Yes, only for those graduating, who will be in the first rows.
- What about Co-ops? We will be distributing certificates and cords for those who completed the Co-op program at the event.
- Other questions? Please contact Ms. Heidi Davis.