Paulo Brasko Ferreira
- Part-Time Instructor
- Pronouns: he, him, his
- Principal Engineer at Westinghouse Electric Company (full-time)
- Instructor at Pitt University since 2013 (part-time)
In programming world:
- Process automation, data analysis and visualization, data acquisition and experiment control
In engineering world:
- development of small size nuclear reactor for Brazilian submarines, signal processing in nuclear power plants, smart temperature sensors, signal processing in motor-operated valves, experiment control, artificial intelligent applications, and so many hundreds of things that I have forgotten about already.
In teaching world:
- Pitt University (Computer Science Department), Penn-State University (Mechanical Department), Central-State Connecticut University (Computer Science Department).
- Sailing (getting my Captain’s license on this April 2021, so excited for that!), running (3 full marathons and counting), playing tennis, riding my motorcycle (have you been in Arizona/Grand canyon? Join me there if you can), teaching volleyball for young kids (+1000 assited kids since I’ve started) and electronics for my community, house flipping (very hard, but rewarding), playing with electronics and new programming languages... I wish the days were longer, much longer.
- Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering, University of Tennessee, 1999
- MS, in Nuclear Engineering, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, 1987
- BS, in Physics, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, 1984