Grants and Scholarships
The current grants and scholarships are currently being offered by the computer science department for undergraduates:
The University Honors College advises undergraduates, seniors, and alumni who are interested in pursuing national and international awards. These opportunities both recognize past accomplishments and give students enriching educational experiences beyond the classroom. The UHC provides guidance and support on scholarship, fellowship, and grant competitions.
Moyé Information Technology Initiative
The Department of Computer Science is offering a 10-week Summer Research Experience (SRE) for qualified computer science students, sponsored by the Moyé Information Technology Initiative Fund. The SRE will be during the Summer of 2013 and will include a stipend of $3000.
The objective of the Moyé Information Technology Initiative Fund is to significantly increase the number of underrepresented students graduating with B.S. degrees in Computer Science from the University of Pittsburgh. Through the SRE, a student will work with and be mentored by a faculty member in the Department of Computer Science. Application will be available in January of 2013.
Based on the terms specified in the Moyé Information Technology Initiative Fund, the following are required of all applicants:
- The applicant must be a student in good standing at the University of Pittsburgh
- The applicant must be majoring or planning to major in Computer Science
Awarding of the SRE will be based on the following criteria:
- The applicant's academic record
- A brief statement of the research project that the applicant is interested in pursuing, and (if known) the faculty member that the applicant will be working with
- A brief statement of how the student has come from an economically, educationally or socially disadvantaged background
- Two letters of reference, one of which must be from a faculty member in the Department of Computer Science
Interested students should submit their completed application to Angela Ellis in 6145 Sennott Square. The deadline for receipt of completed applications is Monday, May 6, 2013.
For more information, call Angela Ellis at 412-624-8492 or email email@example.com.